As technology constantly advances, it is clear to all that we are in the emergence of a new financial age. Most people are aware of the functions of a debit card, crypto debit cards were founded on a similar basis.
A traditional debit card is usually made out of plastic and it often contains a chip with your account information linked to it. The debit card allows you to access your money directly from your account. While a crypto debit card allows you to access your funds directly from your crypto wallet through a company like Bitmama.
As the first mainstream African blockchain company to be launching physical crypto cards, this furthers our ambition to onboard the next billion crypto users by building lifestyle crypto products and pushing the narrative of crypto beyond trading. After several weeks of intense development and testing, we are pleased to announce the deployment of the much-anticipated crypto card issuance feature on the Bitmama web and mobile app. With this feature, Bitmama virtual and physical crypto cards allow users to engage in online transactions on various platforms. Users can spend their cryptos with ease and flexibility by funding their crypto cards with USD from their USDC and cUSD wallets on Bitmama. To create a card, a user needs to have verified on all three(3) levels. You can also freeze a card. Once a card is frozen, you cannot use the card to purchase anything online.
What can you do with a crypto debit card? We will highlight the features that are available on one of the best crypto debit cards in existence. The post will also list five advantages you have when you get your crypto debit card. So what can you do with a crypto card like ours?
Perks of owning a Bitmama crypto debit card
With Bitmama Crypto debit cards you are guaranteed a secure transaction every time. Our cards are protected with multiple layers of globally accepted security standard measures. This is made possible by our card partners and Mastercard to ensure that your funds are protected by international standards.
Spend directly from your crypto wallet
Bitmama crypto debit card has made it possible for you to make in-store or online payments in any country globally with your cryptocurrency of choice. Henceforth, you can pay with your cryptocurrencies instead of sourcing for physical dollars whenever you have to travel and have one less thing to worry about.
Virtual crypto debit card or Physical card
You can request our virtual debit card and receive it for free. It has a monthly limit of up to $100,000 depending on the plan you subscribe to. You can only use the virtual card online. Moreover, our physical debit card has no monthly limit and can be used both in person and online.
Withdrawal from ATMs worldwide
The joy of having one card that ticks all the boxes is unexplainable. Imagine for a moment that you can walk confidently to any ATM all over the world, without fear of your card getting rejected by the system. With our physical card, it doesn’t have to end in your imagination. You can withdraw money from any ATM easily and settle transactions at any merchant that accepts debit cards using the funds in your crypto wallet.
Make payments on international platforms easily
International payments for the average African are a complete hassle and this was quite evident during our team’s trip to Nairobi, Kenya for the African Tech Summit. While we paid for our flight tickets, visa fees, Airbnb, Bolt rides, and literally all forms of online payments with the virtual crypto cards, making the in-store payment was difficult as our local naira debit cards kept declining on POS devices and ATMs due to the $100/month FX spending limit on local cards, which has been recently lowered to $20/month by several local banks in Nigeria.
Hence, we had to resort to holding physical dollars, which is tough to source, in order to convert to local currency at a BDC. Needless to say that this was the experience of the majority of international travelers at the event, who kept stopping by our booth to tell us to launch physical cards. By popular request, we are again pleased to say that our physical crypto cards are here and anyone can request and use these cards. Crypto debit cards also work for online payments on platforms like Uber, Spotify, and Asos, among many others. They can also be used to pay international suppliers, all hassle-free.
You can use your card to make payments on any merchant’s platform that accepts Mastercard. With our card, you pay in USD, not in cryptocurrency. This means businesses do not have to accept crypto for Bitmama debit cards to work on their platform. Read our articles on easy ways to make money with cryptocurrency and how to bitcoin in Ghana.
Features and benefits of Bitmama crypto cards
- The cards can be funded with stablecoins – USDT, USDC, cUSD, so you spend crypto directly without first converting to fiat.
- Spend like a local globally with over $10,000 in monthly spending limits at the best rates
- The cards work on in-store payment options – POS terminals – and can be used to withdraw from ATMs anywhere in the world, the perfect travel buddy.
- The cards also work for online payments for platforms like Bolt, Uber, Spotify, AWS, eBay, Asos, and Facebook, among others. They can also be used to pay international suppliers very seamlessly.
- No minimum deposit is required to get a card. A new user who completes verification can request one.
- The card will be delivered to users anywhere in the world.
How to get the Bitmama crypto card
The physical crypto cards are currently available for pre-order, so users can follow the directions below to secure one for a flat fee of $7. Users who pre-order between today and the 30th of April, get a 10% discount on the card issuance fee.
How to pre-order a Bitmama Physical crypto card
- Download the Bitmama App on the Google Play store and iOS store.
- Open the Bitmama App and tap on “Cards” on the homepage
- Select the “Physical” toggle at the top
- Click on “Pre-order Card”
- Fill in your preferred name on the card and your delivery details. Also, select a wallet to be debited for the cards
- Click on “Submit” and the physical crypto card will be delivered to you
*Please note that the delivery fee is not included as you will be notified once the card is ready for pick up and charged for delivery..
How to pre-order a Bitmama virtual crypto card
- First, log into your account on the Bitmama app, click on ”Cards” and navigate to the Cards page, a pop-up box will display showing that you need to verify your account to level (3) three to be able to create cards.
- Second, click on the ”submit button” to navigate to the verification page in your ”Account” section. Click on the verification button to submit the necessary documents for your verification up to level 3.
- Third, to be able to create your virtual crypto card, you will need to verify yourself on all three levels and be approved successfully. After Level 3 verification. Click on get ”Cards” to see available Bitmama crypto cards in different colours.
- Select your preferred card with its transaction limit per month. Then, navigate to the next step to make payment for the card issuance, choose your payment wallet and enter your 6-digit pin to complete your payment.
- Once your payment is successful. Click on ”Continue” to proceed to your cards page. Voila! you will see your new crypto virtual card.
Congratulations! You’ve just obtained your Bitmama virtual crypto card. Now you can make payments for online transactions without first converting to Fiat.
Virtual Card creation fee: $1
Physical Card print-out: $7
Transaction processing fee per transaction: $0.5
Dispute fee $50
Transaction limits of the Bitmama crypto cards
There are five (5) colors of cards and they are determined by your monthly transaction limit.
White card: $5,000 per month
Pink card: $10,000 per month
Blue card: $30,000 per month
Green card: $50,000 per month
Black card: $100,000 per month
Our ultimate goal
At Bitmama our aim is to usher millions of Africans into an age of limitless financial freedom. With us you will experience diverse possibilities. Our crypto debit card benefits are endless. As the tech industry grows, more features will become available. Spend without limits with your Bitmama Crypto Card. Get it here today on iOS and Android.
Leave a Reply