ATM is an acronym for Automated Teller Machine, that is, a self-service banking outlet that does not require any banking representative or a human cashier, hence the word “Automated”. This technology allows money withdrawal, account balance checks, funds transfers, and online payments without requiring a banking representative. Therefore, learning how to activate your ATM Card for online payment is a key skill to have in today’s society.
For you, this may also be more important when you begin to consider holding virtual crypto cards or virtual dollar cards.
However, when you open an account with a regular bank, you will receive a debit card. Most times, this will be a plastic card with a microchip that allows you to facilitate instant withdrawals at ATMs, check your account balance, get mini statements, make online purchases, or even buy crypto.
Nonetheless, you cannot do anything with an inactive card.
This is why this post is important to you. At the end of this post, you would have learned how to activate your ATM card for online payment.
First, What’s An ATM Card?
As we described earlier, an ATM card is a payment card that deducts money directly from a consumer’s account for approved financial transactions. Interestingly, your activated ATM can work for both physical and digital transactions. For example, your ATM card can come in handy when you want to exchange your Dapp token for Ethereum on the Bitmama app.
In addition, you can also pay for Facebook ads in Nigeria with your activated ATM card.
How to Activate ATM Card for Payment
ATM cards make life really easy.
For example, you can pay bills for goods and services without cash. Interestingly, with a crypto card, you can also buy cryptocurrency without cash. However, activating your ATM card for online transactions is the first and most important step to take.
Thankfully, there are several ways to activate your ATM Card. To help you out, we have compiled the easiest and most convenient methods just for you. Although these processes largely depend on your bank’s policies, most of these methods are the same for all institutions.
You may activate your debit card by Phone, Online, at an ATM, or through your Bank’s Mobile App. When you activate it, you’ll be able to set your PIN to something you can easily recall.
How to Activate an ATM Card via the Automated Teller Machine.
- A Default Pin would be provided to you by the bank along with your debit card.
- Insert your debit card into the Automated Teller Machine
- Enter the debit card number and the ATM Default Pin
- You will then be prompted to create a new ATM pin
- Follow the instructions on the machine to enter your new ATM PIN, and your card will be activated
Is It Possible To Activate Your ATM Online?
Yes, you can also activate your ATM card online.
If you want to do this, here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to the internet banking portal of your bank.
- In the gateway, look for the “Debit Card” section.
- Then, select any option that reads “generate PIN” or “make PIN” from the drop-down menu.
The website will offer you information on how to register your debit card when you select the option.
Remember, you can also call your bank’s customer service number if you cannot locate an option to activate your debit card online. If the bank does not offer the service online, the representatives will tell you how you can activate your card offline.
Activating Your ATM via Phone Banking
To activate your ATM card for online payment by mobile banking, you must:
- Call on your bank’s phone banking number to speak with a customer service employee at your bank.
- Once connected, you would be asked questions to validate that the account belongs to you. After validation, follow the directions provided to you during the phone call to activate your debit card.
- Some banks send the OTP to the consumer’s registered phone number for verification and activation of a debit card. As a result, when activating your debit card, keep your phone with the registered mobile number near you.
A Final Note
Finally, it helps to remember that all of us at Bitmama are here to help you maximize your options on the blockchain. To do this, you should consider getting your virtual crypto card and buying crypto on the Bitmama exchange platform.
You can also read this article on how to open and fund a bitcoin wallet in Nigeria.
To enjoy this, create an account with Bitmama today.
Leave a Reply